Editor's Review: Almay Black Eyeliner & Mascara

I know I'm not the only one that has went through black eye liners and mascaras. When it comes to the liners it just seems difficult to find that perfect liner, one that you don't have to repeatedly go back & forth just to get it to darken and it just drives me crazy to keep having to sharpen the dual pencil. Or how about to deal with the ones where they go out so quick that you in no way got your money's worth, or how about the liners that don't work at all or smudge and make it look like you painted black under your eyes? Yup I think I can go on and on with examples. Mascara's are always a headache sometimes you pick up one that claims to be the perfect one for longer and fuller lashes but rather gives you clumped lashes and no length...I've been there and recently "Done that."
So I finally decided to make my way to the makeup aisle at the store to see what's new and what I can find to add to my collection. I walked past the Almay eyeliner and mascara the first time and decided to past but as I was looking at the same companies that I have tried over and over and just decided it wouldn't hurt to give Almay a try.

LOVE: The black eyeliner is perfect for the eye with one swoop it gives the perfect black line. I also loved how with the Mascara you can turn it to your desired length and fullness.

NOT SO: When most mascara's seems to be so dry not the Almay. That would seem perfect but it can be a little to much and will clump your lashes quickly if you are not careful.

Option: When using a lash curler or the brow brush/comb apply a thin layer of Vaseline first, it keeps your lashes separated and better when going to apply a coat of mascara, when using the Almay apply only one coat to keep from clumping and being to much.

Not such great quality put hopefully you can see! This was after applied Vaseline to the lashes.
XO Lakeithea

2 comments

TotzSpot | January 10, 2011 at 6:48 PM

It looks like it worked well! I want to try now! So out of them all do you think this is the best thus far?

It's My Style Show | January 10, 2011 at 8:56 PM

The eyeliner has definitely been my favorite so far. It seems to be perfect and the mascara, I like i but I think you definitely have to take caution with it so you won't clump your lash...Try it NOW!

XOXO FAB