A Year of Fabulous....With The Fabulous Life Blog


The Fabulous Life Blog started in November 2009 with one goal to bring fresh and fashionable articles to the online community. With great faith The Fabulous Life Blog has overlooked all the pressures and  looked toward building a brand and community with viewers. It has been my pleasure to share my love with the community of The Fabulous Life. Over the course of one year I have been able to combine things that I love all in one ongoing fabulous community. From community service, to my obsession with fashion and beauty, to my love for writing.

When I started the blog nothing actually went as planned from a late launch, to platform changes, member failures, and a failed project but when I think back I smile at the road that I went on and how I learned so much and how strong my foundation was so it didn't fall apart. I started this blog with no money in my pockets, not even to get a logo, no help but from one amazing friend Eddie Yancey, I wasn't in school, couldn't find a job, didn't have a car it was a not so tough but rough time. I sit here January 2011 writing this thinking about all the amazing giveaways, features, being apart of Nashville Fashion Week, and taking my first trip to an awards show The Soultrain Awards thanks to StylistaKT. Soultrain awards was an amazing experience and a joy ride. Nashville Fashion Week allowed me to connect with more fashion-savvy people here in my local area, and reassured me that this is my passion. I remember the night before the runway shows I was tired and overwhelmed I told my friends "I don't think I want to do this anymore" it was stressful trying to keep up with whats going on plus school. I told myself that night if I don't get up and go to the fashion shows, well it was over but that morning I woke dragging around still debating with myself, got to the car asking myself if this is something I want to continue on to do, I remember it being cold outside and I turned my car on and the heat....and then the car cut off! So now I was sitting in the car debating if I'm making the right choice but with no answer I just pulled off in cold weather and no heat down the interstate. Once I pulled up to my destination I knew that this is where I was suppose to be.

Throughout it all I am very happy to know that I have loyal readers that has made my dream apart of their world. 2010 was simply an amazing year and time and I am looking forward to bringing so much more to the community and brand. I hope you guys in the Fab Life community are looking forward to "Be Fierce" project, more great features and interviews and for the "Brand" 2011 is definitely the year of growth and development my beautiful Fab Lifers will also be apart of that growth...so have a toast to new and exciting rides, to better creativity, and to a long-lasting community Happy New Year my Fab Life Friends.

HIGHLIGHTS from 2010:

SOUL TRAIN AWARDS:




 

Check out full coverage here: Fab Life "Soultrain Awards 2010"

Fab Life Community Service Project with MTSU Master Swimming Team



We raised over 200 items! Thanks for everyone

Fab Life 1-Year Anniversary!

Giveaway Winners for Fab Life 1-Year





                                                        Thanks to Shaquana from LaBellaVida Photography
                                                                                for our flyer

                                                         Nashville Fashion Week 2010




Check out more: NFW

More Events:




                                                                  Rocking Pink Party




Thanks to all the loving support from our subscribers, twitter followers, facebook friends and round the globe. Special thanks to LaMirica for her wonderful support during our anniversary and our amazing Giveaway sponsors Nikera Clothing, Sticks & Stones Accessories, and God's Princess Clothing.

Founder Lakeithea Anderson







2 comments

Anonymous | January 11, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Boom!! Love the article. Looks like you all had a great first year! Congrats on everything!

It's My Style Show | January 13, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Thanks so much! We did have an AWESOME year and there is so much in store for 2011.

Thanks for stopping by and spread the word.

XOXO FAB