Designer: Allie Marque

The designer of the “LA GIRL” tee Allie Marque tells Suave the tee represents “The young woman who works hard, and goes hard, day and night, to make her dreams reality.” The “LA GIRL” tee embodies more than just your regular born and raised California girl but the mindset of a strong young woman. “LA is driven by an urge to be successful,” says Allie, “I see lots of young ladies who are strong minded and able to hold their own, and I wanted to represent them. The front says “LA Face” and the back says “Hollywood CAKE” {Cake meaning CASH} cause they are always on the grind. The LA girl can live anywhere though, it’s not where she lives it’s her state of mind.
To many young girls around the globe LA represents a city of dreams. The place to spread your wings and reach the goals that you thought were impossible, but impossible is not a word for Allie Marque.
Learn more about Allie Marque the person and the designer, how you can get your own “LA GIRL” tee and her Fashionista Q&A.
Who is Allie Marque?
Allie Marque is a fun loving, quirky girl from a tiny little town who just happened to have a GIGANTIC dream and the will to make it happen.
Tell us a little more about Allie the designer! What inspires you as a designer?
As a designer I would say that my style is a little edgy, its urban, high fashion for the ladies who dare to step outside of the box. I gain a lot of inspiration from my surroundings, living in the LA area you are exposed to many different styles, lot’s of ladies have kick ass wardrobes, but I grab from each {indie, hipster, high fashion} and create something, a little to the left. Also, from watching runway shows, looking in magazines and studying fashion blogs and trend reports, to keep up with the flow of things, then I take what I like and twist it around into the Allie Marque look. My Fashion icon is Patricia Field, her way of styling is so unique, its bubbly, edgy and classic all at once, she pretty much embodies what I hope to accomplish in my career as a designer.
How did you come up with the concept of the “LA GIRL” tee?
A couple of friends of mine used to be in a group called “GODAV” in one of their songs “90210” there’s a line from Young Bob that says “She got that LA Face with that Oakland Cake” I took that and ran with it.
Where can the ladies get 1 of your LA tees?
You can purchase the tees through my online shop at AllieMarquex0.Etsy.com and through my blog AllieMarque.blogspot.com
FASHIONISTA Q&A
TOP 3 FAVORITE DESIGNERS?
Jean Charles De Castlebajac, Ricardo Tisci and the girl who inspired me to become a designer Ali Madigan who has a line called Boozey.
YOUR MUST-HAVE FASHION ITEM?
A kick ass pair of heels that you can wear ALL NIGHT without killing yourself and TONS (and I mean tons) of Accessories
YOUR FAVORIE FASHION QUOTE?
“I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little-if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny” Coco Chanel
A TREND YOU WOULD WANT TO CREATE FOR EVERYONE?
Statement dresses that you can throw on and instantly become the life of the party. My girls like to stand out and be noticed, it’s only fair that I give them the dress that allows them to do just that because we all feel pretty when we wear an amazing dress.
To learn more about Allie and get your own “LA GIRL” tee check out AllieMarque.blogspot.com
Interview by: Lakeithea Anderson

1 comment

Anonymous | October 12, 2010 at 5:12 AM

vovf bxsnm XXX Movies bniryw d kf l bnl