Photographer Tommy Cash

Tennessee houses a lot of great talent that deserves great respect and exposure. That includes photographer Tommy Cash a native from Memphis, Tennessee. Still located in Memphis Tommy is working towards branding Young, Fly, Richy into a Lifestyle not just a name. To understand Tommy's passion you must understand who he is and what his work is about. The Fabulous Life Presents: Who Is Young, Fly, Richy!

Who is Young, Fly, Richy?

Young Fly Richy is everything that you are not, my name stands alone, its a loner.Young Fly Richy is everything that you don't like about yourself, and everything  you love about someone else. sometimes I even wonder who is Young Fly Richy. Young Fly Richy is bigger then Young Fly Richy.

How did you get into doing photography?

My dad bought me a camera for Christmas and pretty much I started taking photos left and right. I wasn't liking what I was seeing how most chicks were viewed in Memphis on the model scene so I decided to give it a try and give it an urban twist.

As an artist (photographer) what inspires you?

Memphis inspires me mostly, just because it's the most random city ever. You never know the mood of the city or the people. It constantly changes like the weather and music by Kanye West always gives me new inspiration to shoot because with his songs they are so visual and they get me real hype.

Being that you are located in Memphis. How has your location played a part in your success

My location played a part of me being my own person and not looking for help. For the most part people will acknowledge but as far as connecting with you they wont. Plus im very young, so the gap with older photographers can sometimes be wack cause we can't see eye to eye. Shout out to Pat C, Akeara, Ziggy, Marc, Demetrius, Conyers, Arick, Tarrice, Darius Williams, and Regis Lawson for some people who have showed love tho.

Tell me about your Journey from when you first started till now?

My journey has been dope. I've been through some shit with photography but I manage to get out of it. I'm in a state right now where with my career is really jumping that I'm getting notice by magazines of major levels. In 6 short months God has really blessed my career from working with artists such as Drumma boy, actually will get to work with Melanie Fiona this week, just it's crazy ..cause to me I suck, but people think my work is great..I just thank God though seriously without him I am nothing.

If anyone was to ask you to describe your style of photography in one word what would it be?

Dope....nuff said

If you could capture any moment from the past what would it be?

My parents wedding! There wedding cost 25 bucks and they will be together this upcoming May for 25 years..i would just love to capture the essence of true love..

Any historic locations in Memphis that would be a dream to shoot at?

Graceland! Im trying to go ham in that place. I never been on the tour but I bet his house is real dope. It would definitely go with my eccentric style of shooting.

Who is your favorite photographer?

Hannibal

Any future projects you are excited about?

A few of those hip hop magazines everybody read, just pay close attention in the next few months. I'm shooting hella clothing lines. Working with this new dope magazine American Dreaming will be everywhere pretty soon. Plenty of models, plenty of boutiques, I'm all over..so I'm going to continue to keep doing what I'm doing..

Still needing to know who Young, Fly, Richy is you can check him out on his site and also check out his work. Along with following him on twitter.

XOXO

Interview by: Lakeithea Anderson