FWN Designer Profiles: Jacquelyn Brooks

Who: Jacquelyn Brooks
What: Thought’s on Fashion Week Nashville, what can guest expect from the collection being presented on Saturday, and also what are you looking forward to the most this week?

I'm very excited about my Nashville fashion debut! The lines I will be presenting are Resort 2010/2011 and Spring 2011. Resort is a woman's upscale casual wear line (think yacht wear), featuring luxury knits and woven prints in ivory and black colors with gold highlights. My inspiration for the resort line was the regal beauty of Michelle Pfeiffer's character in Scarface. My Spring 2011 line is more formal, including semi-formal dresses to formal wedding gowns. My fabric theme includes solid and floral prints in shades of coral/pink, mint greens, and ivory. My inspiration for the spring line was the innocent beauty of the late 1950's and early 1960's. I will be showing 20-25 pieces.


Jacquelyn Brooks runway show will take place at 10am. Jacquelyn is from Gainesville, FL and her designs include bridal, formal, semi- formal gowns and resort wear.

Go to Couturefashionmag.com to purchase tickets to Jacquelyn Brooks show and to learn more about the designer.



FAB LIFE