Jessica Pritchett Debuts Autumn/Winter 2010 Collection


Jessica Pritchett, is a self-professed shoe fanatic with an unique eye for style. One of the best things about her footwear company is that it caters to women with a shoe size of 6-13and 9-13 in wide-widths.

The creativity of the collection filled with rich patent leathers, vibrant suede's, and muted metallics give women a collection to love this Autumn/Winter made specifically for their needs in footwear. Jessica knows her customers and on a personal level understand the need for something more trendy and fitting, “The women who wear Jessica Pritchett love fashion, are obsessed with shoes, and demand quality and style.” Jessica Pritchett tells Fab Life. Jessica debuts her Autumn/Winter collection and with her driven background and unique eye for style she has a lot to offer the footwear industry!

Jessica Pritchett Autumn/Winter 2010

LA: Your designs are pretty unique, how did you come up with the concepts?

JP: I really wanted something unique. I was definitely inspired by one of my favorite artists, Josef Albers. He was a graphic painter that did a lot of color studies and color blocking. I tried to interpret his color technique with my shoes. I picked bold colors and the wing on the side of the shoes pays homage to his color study.

LA: Now you have had a great range of training and learning experiences before you released you Autumn/Winter 2010 collection, what would you say was some of the most important information you learned from those experiences?

JP: Believe it or not, the most important training that I have is my MBA. Before I started this project I read that being a fashion designer is 10% design and 90% business. Having an understanding of how to run a business has truly helped me along the way. I have made some missteps while learning but I was definitely able to make the necessary course corrections quickly as I went along.

LA: You see a lot of people are opting to do clothing lines more then focus on shoes, what made you specifically focus on the footwear industry?

JB: While I am able to sew, shoes were where I saw the most need for myself. Initially this project was just for me. I wanted to learn how to make shoes because I am never able to find shoes in my size. I wear a 12 Wide and most if not all of the trendy, high-end shoes do not come in my size.

Once I learned how to make shoes I thought about turning my knowledge into a business. I figured there are a lot of other women who are having the same problems.

LA: I noticed in your Autumn/Winter 2010 collection that the shoes especially the boots are a style we are seeing make a comeback, which is the footwear with a more chucky heel, what was the inspiration behind going in that direction?

JB: When I designed this collection I really wasn’t thinking about trends. I figured that a chunkier heel is more comfortable and sturdy. My assumption was that women with larger feet didn’t have a lot of options so they might be more interested in buying wearable shoes rather than trendy shoes.

LA: As your footwear line continue to develop over time what are some things we can look forward to in the future?

JB: For Spring/Summer ’11 I have done a lot with wedge heels, cutouts, platforms, and even a taller boot. I reused the chunky heel in a few styles. I listened to my customers and tried to produce what they would like. For Fall/Winter ’11 you can expect to see a bridal capsule collection in addition to the use of mixed materials like rubber and metal, 70s trends, fur, and higher heels.

LA: Where can we buy a pair of Jessica Pritchett shoes?

JB: Currently, my shoes are only available online in sizes 6 – 13 wide at
www.jessicapritchett.com and sizes 9 -13 wide through Monfi C at www. Monifc.com.





By: Lakeithea Anderson