Just Taking a Chance With Christina Jeter



Sometimes being in a location where you think that you can't reach your dreams can hinder you from moving forward. Sometimes you are scared to purse your dreams not knowing how far you can get. Sometimes some people just take that chance and realize that the possibilities are endless. Check out writer/model Christina Jeters on how she stepped up to conquer her dreams.

LA: Hi Christina! Tell Fab Life a little about yourself and your personal background.
CJ: I am just a regular girl who is trying to be successful in life. I enjoy traveling, meeting inspirational people, listening to music and spreading positivity.

LA: You are a self taught Creative Journalist of writing, interviewing, PR, and you do modeling, when did you get started on your career freelancing in these areas and what has kept you going?
CJ: I started this July of 2009 and the fact that I have progressed to where I am now keeps me going because I know I can achieve great things by informing others of my life struggles and how I over came them.

LA: What are some writing ventures you have worked on and what type of writing do you primarily focus on?
CJ: I write about a variety of things because to me the entertainment/media business will never go away and if I widen my expertise as much as possible then I will always be of asset to the industry. My primarily focus of writing is just to be inspirational to the public as I truly believe people could do anything if they had that positivity behind them to push them into success!

LA:Again, you also model, what type of modeling do you do?
CJ: I do promotional modeling.

LA: Give us some insight on your new photo shoot you are planning “Nerd with Swagger” what is the inspiration behind it?
CJ: One of my favorite movies from the 80’s is revenge of the nerds and I was recently told by a friend of mine that a novelty shop sold the Tri-Lamda shirt from the movie and I ordered one for myself. I want to rep that being awkward, the underdog, and non popular is cool, fresh, and outstanding being that I don’t want to fit in because that means I don’t stand out!

LA: I see that you write for thesscritics.wordpress.com what could people find on that blog site from you?
CJ: They can see my current client press release that I do PR for former NFL/CFL player and celebrity chef Kerry Parker and my personal statement about what made me stop believing in the negativity.

LA: I know personally that it’s hard work right now in PR, writing, and even modeling what inspires you to just stay focused and keeping working?
CJ: The fact that I am not hurting anyone achieving my dreams, the great people I have met that help turn my dreams into reality, and the fact that people look at me and get inspired to pursue their own dreams.

LA: You have your own blog, what can your readers expect from you on the blog?
CH: blog is about my life, the good, bad, and ugly. I write about personal life experiences, things that intrigue me that I want to share with my audience, and cross promote people that publish my work.

LA: We like to think that the Fab Life girl is someone who is driven and well put together what do you think could connect you with that girl?
CJ: I am currently in the country and could get discourage that I am not where I want to be in life, but instead of feeling sorry for myself, I took the tools I do have access to too make my life the reality I want to live.

LA: What are some sites that your work for that your writing, pr, and modeling can be found on?
CJ: http://www.chicago3media.com/articles/269-by-christina-jeter-.html
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/02/prweb3630784.htm
http://mommydearestletters.com/2010/04/27/christina-from-pittsburgh-pa-writes/
I was published in the first issue of Psychology Waves Magazine
Video of my photo shoot w/ photographer Angela Rivera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg1I5kPSycM)
Christina F.Gerity of GALA Spring 2010 Premiere Issue
Blackcitymag.com
Facebook (Black Girls)

Check out more on Christina Jeter!

BY: LAKEITHEA ANDERSON

1 comment

Christina A. Jeter | October 29, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Thank you for this great opportunity!