Makeup Artist Jilly To Picks for Hot Makeup

Haven't figured out how to kick off your summer look Jilly gives FAB LIFE THE lowdown on what works best. Makeup Artist  Jilly Ijoe shares her top picks for Hot Makeup.
(a) Maybelline Gel Liner - recently I just received a free eyestudio kit from Maybelline and I immeadiately FELL IN LOVE with their gel liner. It's a great product for a cheaper price. It glides so smoothly and it doesn't budge for the entire day. A definite must-have. I prefer this over MAC fluidline now.
(b) Makeup Forever HD Foundation - this foundation is simply breath-taking.There is something about the finish of this foundation that makes it my absolute favorite. You can apply it with your fingers or a damped sponge for a sheer coverage, or a foundation brush for more coverage.
(c) MAC Greasepaint Stick - they come in a variety of colours and they make a great base for your eyeshadows! I used the Slick Black as an eyeliner sometimes. Totally love it.
(d) Balm Shell Lipgloss - this is my new favorite lipgloss of all time! I'm not a lipgloss/lipstick kind of person. However, when I tried Balm Shell lipgloss, I'm so surprised that it's not sticky! It's very moisturizing and the packaging is so cute! They have 15 different shades of glosses and 2 of my faves are "shopaholic" and "you give me fever".
(e) Bright coloured eyeshadows - for spring/summer trend I'm seeing a lot of vibrant colours on the runway (i.e. Michael Kors, Derek Lam spring 2010). I'm loving the purple, the blue, the yellow and the green. If you are not used to wearing vibrant colours, I suggest using just 1 colour at a time. For me, a trick that I love to do is to use MAC Stars 'n Rockets eyeshadow to set my black eyeliner on the upper and lower lid
You can check out some at Kireimakeup.com
2) Like I've said above, I think the hottest Spring/Summer trend this year will be the pastel eyeshadows. Great hues that are universally flattering for everyone will be yellow and purple. Pick greens that have a hint of gold to it to flatter every skin tone, and a smoking metallic blue will look great for a night out.
For those who are not comfortable wearing bright colours, the other Spring/Summer makeup trend that I'm seeing a lot in the runways are clean, dewy, fresh makeup. It's an art to do a no-makeup makeup look. The key is to blend and keep everything to a minimum. Sheer out your foundation with a damped sponge, skip the eyeshadows and apply light coat of mascara after you curl your lashes. Highlight just under the brows, on top of the cheekbones and in the inner corner of the eyes. Apply a cheek stain/cream blush instead of powder blush for a more natural looking flush and opt for a coral lipstick/gloss. Brows are groomed but not overplucked.
For summer, remember to always moisturize your skin well before you apply any makeup AND don't forget your sunscreen! In addition, you might want to apply primer before your foundation. My favorite is Laura Mercier foundation primer. It's not a silicone base primer, so those who have combination/oily skin does not have to worry about their face looking oily. I also like to apply a primer/base to prep the eyelids before applying any eyeshadow, so the eyeshadow stay put through out the day. My favorite is MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre (matte) or Bare Study (shimmer).
For makeup tutorial for summer look and more pictures please check out  Kireimakeup.com
Check out the rest of the Summer Look from her website and to learn more about how to apply the lastest makeup trends


XoXo  Lakeithea