Makeup Artist Trecie 5 Basic Tips

Trecie a Tennessee native, a mother, and a freelance makeup artist gives fab viewers her top 5 basics for taking care of your skin.

It is imperative that a person is familiar with their skin type...oily, combination, normal or dry. But here are my 5 basic tips for all skin types:

 1.) Protect your skin in the sun. It is IMPORTANT that you always wear an SPF of no less than 30. On my face, since it is the part exposed the most, I make sure I moisturize with a product that contains SPF as well as wear a foundation that is a sun protectant as well (this goes for lips as well...I used Soft Lips lipchap...provides an SPF coverage and a nice moisturizer for your lips). By protecting your skin in the sun, you are cutting down on sun damage as well as premature wrinkles.

2.) Moisturize and Replenish. The number 1 tip in maintaining healthy skin is by keeping the skin hydrated. It is necessary to moisturize with a product made specifically for your skin type. or example:if you are oily, you don't want to replenish your skin with a moisturizer that contains oil, the result is a lot of sheen. Also, get your 64 oz of water in daily...

 3.) Wash your face. I wear makeup most days so I wash my face two times a day (with Cetaphil in the morning and a cream cleanser at night). I ALWAYS use warm water/steam to start the process, it opens the pores on your face for optimal cleansing. I concentrate on my hairline, t-zone and cheeks, then focus around my mouth, behind my ears (where oil is produces) and my neck (rubbing in an upward motion). Rinse face with cool water to close the pores, not too cold though. NEVER SLEEP IN MAKEUP.

4.) Less is more. Unless absolutely necessary, a full face of makeup should not be a daily routine. It is necessary to let the skin breathe, plus makeup does clog pores. A good cleansing is important at least once a week. A mask or a home microdermabrasion is a good way to cleanse and exfoliate the skin.

5.) Resist the urge to pop pimples. Popping pimples not only increases the possibilities for spreading the bacteria, but it also chances leaving a blemish. Research pimple extraction methods before resorting to your two forefingers. In the case that you have blemishes and don't want to try Proactive, try Ambi foaming facial wash. It contains an ingredient that lightens the blemish over time.

For more on Trecie and how she can help you beautify your face check her out at Makeupbytrecie.com and also Spring is in and Fab Life has an exclusive tutorial from Trecie for Spring makeup trends.

XOXO