Ramblings with Rin



Being a fashion blogger doesn't mean you can't connect and enjoy other fashion bloggers. The thing I LOVE the most about the blogging community is the creativity, you get so inspired when you are scanning through the different sites and coming across Rin's blog was no different. When looking at Ramblings of Rin the first thing I noted was that Rin (the owner) loved thrift shopping. I love thrifters seriously they can take an item at a thrift store and make it into a fashionable piece.

Not only is Rin a blogger she is also a fashion student and her blog Ramblings With Rin gives her readers a inside view of the fashion world from her perspective, from thrifting, latest fashion updates, to her style snapshots and more. I had to get Rin on the blog and she agreed to give our FAB LIFE readers a few tips for the Fall Season and on thrift shopping.

LA: What inspires you the most about fashion?
RIN: The thing I love most about fashion is that it truly is my way of expressing myself. I always try to wear something I like and something that "speaks to me" rather than just following trends, and that I think is the true beauty of fashion: being yourself!



LA: I was going through your blog and you seem pretty big on thrift shopping, what are some pointers you can give someone who seems to not have any luck at thrifting?

RIN: Ah, yes I am a big thrift store junkie. The feeling of walking out of a thrift store with someone else garbage is actually quite thrilling. I have 3 main rules when it comes to thrift store shopping. One, Be Patient: thrift stores require time and a willingness to rummage through every rack. Second: Be open minded: I always tell my friends and readers think of what you can do with a garment. A simple hem or belt or necklace can change the whole look of a garment so think big picture! Lastly, Have Fun! So many of my thrift store finds are the ones that I tried on for a good laugh. You really never know what it will look like until you see it on so try everything (no matter how ridiculous) on!

LA: What do you think is the best part about thrifting?
RIN: I love the feeling of finding the perfect pair of pants for $10 or a adorable dress for $12 or the perfect black blazer for $13. It really is the best feeling. Its easy to go into a store and pick out a new garment but I like searching for my clothes. I have a deeper connection with my clothing that way.

LA: What summer item would you suggest all fashionista's keep to add with their Fall wardrobe?
RIN: This is a hard one. I would have to say that any fun bright colored jewelry. We are seeing a lot of muted palettes for fall, so it is important to keep your outfit looking fresh and jewelry and accessories is the easiest (and cheapest) way.

LA: When thrifting do you try to follow the trends for the season or do you go more with your own personal style?
RIN: A little bit of both. I feel its important to listen to your heart first but keep in mind upcoming trends. I have always had a knack for predicting trends but I wasn't really aware of it because I just bought what I loved. They just happened to be items that were or were going to be in fashion.

LA: Tell Fab Life viewers a little more about your own fashion blog?
RIN: My fashion blog, Ramblings with Rin, started in about mid February but has just recently gotten more followers. I blog about what I love: thrifting, cool items, furniture, pictures, my daily outfits inspiration. I blog about stores I like and blogs i like. I just try to offer inspiration to people and I love getting inspiration. I feel like we can all use each others help. Ideas all have to start somewhere, and I hope my blog can offer that.

LA: What advice would you give someone on personal style and thrifting?
RIN: BE YOURSELF! I cannot stress this enough. Do not worry about looking ridiculous or out there. Buy what attracts you or speak to your own personal style. Always have an open mind because fashion is never and will never be put in a box. Have fun with what you are wearing to because that is what truly sells a look or trend!




Check out:Ramblings with Rin and you can follow her on twitter for updates.

By: Lakeithea Anderson