To Review or Not Review: Reebok

Reebok EasyTone Shoes
To Review or Not Review




For months I have been trying to decide whether or not to purchase Reebok EasyTone Shoes for a review or not! Ok wait let me give some of you guys that is a little clueless on Reebok EasyTone Shoes a little background (Just a little).

"An innovative footwear solution designed to tone and strengthen key leg muscles with every step."


Reebok has released commercials, videos, and even workout plans for their EasyTone shoes. Every time I come across a commercial I think to myself could a shoe really tone and strengthen my leg muscles? I know that tone legs on a woman is beautiful and we have seen the continuous praising of female celebrities by the media for tone legs. So, it was to no surprise to read so many reviews from women who purchased the shoes in order to get that tone and strengthen leg muscles.

Needless to say the mix reviews of Reebok Easytone did not help me to figure out if I really wanted to purchase the shoes or just return to the gym. What I found interesting about the shoes is that a lot of the reviews talked about pain from knee pain, leg pain, back pain, numbed toes that all worried me! I know when you work out you feel a little pain and they always say that pain is a good thing, when you can feel the burn you are actually working out but BACK PAIN? NUMB TOES? After I continued to read on and found that many other readers noted pain also but that the pain usually goes away after a few weeks to a month. Ok, so now my head is spinning can someone seriously tell me what's up with Reebok Easytone or what?

I don't know if I should go ahead and cut my foot off and hand it over with the purchase or go ahead and purchase the shoes and give it a try?

Another interesting take on reviews...some reviewers noted that after a few weeks they still couldn't notice a slight difference in their legs but that the shoes provided them with great balance and put a little extra pep in their step when they did their walking exercises in the shoes...well I guess everything works for something!!!

By: Lakeithea Anderson
To Review or Not to Review.

2 comments

TNSwimmerella | August 29, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Hmmm. Those are definitely some interesting thoughts. I never really thought about it throwing your step off just enough to cause pain. Maybe the back pain is from the attempt to balance and using the back muscles, instead of engaging the core.

Maybe you should just visit Fleet Feet and get a fitting and some orthapedic advice.

It's My Style Show | August 29, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Maybe you are right maybe getting a fitting would be good. I just found it interesting that a lot of comments about the EasyTone talked more about the pain or how it helped with their balance and less about actually seeing a difference in their legs.

XO