TN Model Feature: Amberlynn Holder



Where are you from? Originally Connecticut but I’ve been living in TN for 14 years now!
How long have you been modeling? Four years.
Biggest Accomplishment modeling so far?
Wow, this is a tough one. There are many things that I feel have been great accomplishments for me in my modeling career, since I’ve started. When I think of the “biggest” accomplishment, one of the first things that comes to my mind would be seeing my first model portfolio for the first time. It was a huge sense of accomplishment! Seeing the final product of all of my hard work, and everyone’s involved, as well as knowing that this was a tool to begin my professional career which was an amazing feeling.
Most Memorable Modeling Moment?
Attending an open call at Wilhelmina Agency in NYC. It was one of the most stressful yet most wonderful experiences of my life so far. From landing at the wrong building, to running to the subway in 4-inch heels, going in the agency and looking cool, calm, and refreshed, and then trying to find my way off of Park Avenue South for the next hour and a half. It was an experience that really taught me more about the industry and gave me a taste of what models in larger markets deal with on a regular basis. It was truly a “if you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen” type of moment that ensured me that this is a career that I’m very passionate about and that I can do. Now that I can navigate through NYC, I can’t wait to do it again!
Dream Job?
Being the face of a major beauty or editorial ad campaign(s). Also, working as a model consistently is a goal of mine. Runway, print, editorial, beauty, catalog…. all of it is wonderful and something that I am pursuing.
Upcoming Projects?
•I’m currently working on building my résumé and portfolio through working and collaborating with creative and innovative designers, photographers, stylists, MUA’s and boutiques.
•I am actively working on marketing myself and looking into signing with a great, reputable agency that is passionate about the business, that will help to develop me as a model, plan a successful career path and find great work opportunities.
•The Fall ’10 Season is going to be packed with fashion shows, trunks shows, castings, portfolio shoots, and Fashion Week Nashville!
•A few other projects in the works for development with two of my modeling/talent mentors, Dee J. and Rita Williamson, a former model agent.



….The Fun Facts
Favorite Party Song“Wipe Me Down”-Lil Boosie
Favorite Designer
Another tough one! It’s definitely between John Galliano, Marc Jacobs, and Amanda Valentine.
Favorite Nashville hangout spot
The whole city is my hangout spot! However, I do have to say that I patronize Green Hills Mall quite a bit =).
Unusual hobby you have?
Each season I will go through my closet and create a collection with my clothing inspired by a haute couture collection. This Fall ’10 season is inspired by Derek Lam’s Fall collection.

Want to know more about Amberlynn & how you can get in contact with her check out her twitter.
Interview by: Lakeithea Anderson