Fabulous Fashion…with a Capital “C”

Written by Racheal Lee

As I always do, I’ve been sifting through magazines, pouring through websites, and watching runway shows and one of the, surprising, trends I have seen is clogs. It seems that ever since the spring/summer Chanel collection, clogs have been declared the “it” shoe to have. Now, I have never been a huge fan of clogs, as their name alone sounds awkward- much like the clogs from my childhood; clunky and just plain uncomfortable. However, Chanel and many other fashion houses have put their updated spin on this classic shoe and, I must confess, I am completely in love with this pair by Sam Edelman:



Now, there seem to be a few rules to clogs. So, I’ll offer a bit of advice to any of you fashionistas who will be looking into this trend, because along with the good there is sure to be plenty of bad:

When choosing a clog, seek to find one with a nice sized heel. Flat clogs are entirely too reminiscent of crocs and aren’t very visually appealing; that trend has long been phased out (thank goodness). For instance:

Chanel Clogs vs. Louis Vuitton Clogs

Also, socks with clogs are a definite plus! I have seen ankle socks, knee highs, calf length…I’ve seen it all, and seldom have I seen socks with clogs be a fail. Paired with a nice dress, or shorts & a button down, this look is just adorable.



From Jeffrey Campbell to Chanel and Louis Vuitton, clogs seem to have been completely reinvented (good and bad). No longer are they reminiscent just of the traditional Dutch clog, but now we can see inspiration from other parts of Europe. I have included pictures of some of my favorite clogs, and I’m curious as to what you all have to say about this trend: are clogs a hit or miss?

3 comments

Anonymous | August 20, 2010 at 8:29 AM

I seen clogs on the show Gossip Girl and thought they looked great but not on me! lol

Tiffany | August 23, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Love them they have re-vamped and look stylish

It's My Style Show | October 5, 2010 at 3:09 PM

It's crazy!! I would have never thought they would make a come back.

XO LAKEITHEA